Cloudways Fast Managed Cloud Hosting AdvantageseWallz Solutions
If you’re looking for a best performance combined with affordable WordPress Hosting or Managed Webapp Hosting, we would recommend Cloudways as one of the option that you should look into. Cloudways provides great value in terms of performance, usability and (technical) features delivered with good staff support.
- Cloudways is cost-effective – Cloudways is especially cheap at the $10-25/month range, you get a VPS with full featured control panel and tech support for only $10/month more than what you pay for the bare VPS itself. But go beyond that $40/month range and Cloudways gets pricey!
- Cloudways has developer -friendly environment – Cloudways is especially great for developer environments where you have many applications and staging environments and/or need to share access with multiple users. Each application is confined to a separate environment with different login credentials for website and FTP. It’s GREAT for multi-user development projects but can be annoying if you’re just one user having to keep track of multiple logins for every site.
- Cloudways offers support – you can chat with a live human being any time you need, but they aren’t as helpful and responsive as say SiteGround support (which can solve most issues immediately). Cloudways support is known to be slow, either they’re busy looking up documentation or handling too many other users simultaneously. Tougher issues may take 1-2 days for them to get back to you and resolve your issue. With that said, it’s nice that they offer any support at all.
- Cloudways has more hardware vendors – we used to setup our servers on DO and VULTR. Cloudways also offers those 2 but includes others like Google and Amazon. It’s useful if you prefer a specific vendor for performance/familiarity reasons or because the vendor has a datacenter located nearby your target demographic. Datacenter location doesn’t matter as much if your audience is wide-spread, though. This is also useful if you need to manage multiple servers from different vendors. Of course, many of these benefits aren’t relevant for the average site owner.
- Cloudways is up-to-date – we consider Cloudways to be especially trendy. Their plans are well-integrated with many other popular web services and all the latest trendy server modules. Again, they’re a great service to use for development as you can test any site under various scenarios. However, if you’re not a developer…you may find all these extra features to be distracting/annoying or overloading your control panel.
- Cloudways has 1-click backup and staging – this is a really nice feature and especially convenient. In just one click, you can back up your site and/or also create a staging environment where you can test themes, plugins, and updates without breaking your live site.
- Cloudways has cheap $1/month Rackspace emails – if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to G-Suite, Cloudways has a very affordable $1/month price for Rackspace email hosting. This is a great savings if you don’t want to pay $5/month per email with G-Suite.
For those who have multiple server to manages, Cloudways is a good choice. Here are some other reasons why you should pick Cloudways compared to other cloud hosting panel.
- You’re coming from shared hosting and want super cheap pricing for “unlimited everything” plans.
- You have a smaller site and don’t mind the slower speed.
- Want to host many sites (over 20) for only $10-25/month and their total traffic is below 100k monthly visitors.
- Need tons of space.
- Need tech support.
- Need a developer-friendly environment with lots of server modules and options, access for many users.
- Want to manage multiple servers yourself but don’t want to provision/admin them.